Lessons from an Undergraduate Course in Cybersecurity and Cyber Warfare - Is Our Children Securing? Presented with Matt Weinberg. Circle of HOPE, Hotel Pennsylvania, New York, NY, July 21, 2018.
Why Git and GitHub? on GitHub Panel GitHub: Real-World Tools, Engaged Students. ACM SIGCSE 2018, Baltimore, MD, February 22, 2018.
- Accepted and presented at New England Security Day (NESD ‘17), Northeastern University, Boston, MA, September 29, 2017.
- Presented at Tufts Innovates Poster Session, Tufts University Wide Teaching Conference, Boston, MA, May 23, 2017.
The Hard Problems in Security (We Still Can’t Get The Basics Right). ISSA New England Annual Sponsor Expo and Chapter Meeting , Verizon, Waltham, MA, August 2, 2017.
Panel: Mentoring The Next Generation of Security Talent (with Sandy Carielli, Tim Ferguson, Laurene Hummer, and Daniel Nelson). SOURCE Conference Boston 2017, Marriott Tremont, Boston, MA, April 27, 2017.
Panel: Breaking Into InfoSec (with Keith Hoodlet, Tracy Maleeff, and Justin Pagano). BSides Boston Security Conference, Harvard University Science Center, Cambridge, MA, April 15, 2017.
The Hard Problems in Security. Rocket Build 2016, InterContinental Hotel, Boston, MA, November 30, 2016.
The Cyber Security Education Gap - What Do We Do Now? (Presented with Roy Wattanasin)
- Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC) Cyber Tuesday Meeting, Federal Reserve Bank, Boston, MA, November 15, 2016.
- 2016 ISSA International Conference, Hyatt Regency Dallas, Dallas, TX, November 1, 2016. (declined)
- The Eleventh HOPE, Hotel Pennsylvania, New York, NY, July 23, 2016.
- SOURCE Conference Boston 2016, Marriott Tremont, Boston, MA, May 18, 2016.
- New England Security Day Spring 2016, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, April 28, 2016.
So What is Being Exposed From IoT Devices? The Security of Things Forum, Sheraton Commander Hotel, Cambridge, MA, September 10, 2015.
The Blame Starts with Computer Science Curricula. BeaCon 2015 Mini-Conference, The Red Hat, Boston, MA, May 30, 2015.
Swift and Security. OWASP Boston Chapter Monthly Meeting, Akamai Technologies, 8 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA, December 3, 2014.
A Growing Mongo Problem! Boston Security Conference #3, Microsoft New England Research and Development Center, Cambridge, MA, October 20, 2014.
Information Security Careers & Education Panel (with Rob Cheyne, Paul Asadoorian, Roy Wattanasin, and Mark Knowlton). BSides Boston Security Conference, Microsoft New England Research and Development Center, Cambridge, MA, May 10, 2014.
Abusing Mobile Games. BSides Boston Security Conference, Microsoft New England Research and Development Center, Cambridge, MA, May 10, 2014.
Understanding the Threat Profile of Mobile Apps. Mobile & Smart Device Security Conference, Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, Boston, MA, November 19 - 21, 2013.
Mobile Web Security. Mobile & Smart Device Security Conference, Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, Boston, MA, November 19 - 21, 2013.
Abusing NoSQL Databases. DEF CON 21 Hacking Conference, The Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV, August 2 - 4, 2013.
Android Forensics. InfoSec World Conference and Expo 2012, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Orlando, FL, April 3, 2012.
- 2011 Intel Security Conference, Intel Hillsboro, Hillsboro, OR, November 17, 2011.
- DEF CON 19 Hacking Conference, The Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV, August 5 - 7, 2011.
- InfoSec World Conference and Expo 2011, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Orlando, FL, April 20, 2011.
Android Apps Development Boot Camp. Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2011, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA, June 6, 2011.
Security Issues and Crime Pertaining to Online Games. High Technology Crime Investigation Association New England Chapter (HTCIANE), Boston, MA, September 9, 2010.
Investigations and Incident Response Using BackTrack. High Technology Crime Investigation Association New England Chapter (HTCIA-NE), Boston, MA, September 22, 2009.
Use of the Internet in Fraud Investigations
- Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General, Boston, MA, September 18, 2009.
- International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) New England Chapter, Franklin, MA, October 3, 2008.
- New England Association of Insurance Fraud Investigators (NEAIFI) 3rd Annual Training, Westford, MA, June 11, 2008.
- John Hancock, Boston, MA, October 24, 2007.
- Greater Boston Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Boston, MA, September 21, 2007.
Additional Media and Press
- “Failings in Cybersecurity Education: An Interview with Professor Ming Chow”
- “Why version control is required for Comp 20 at Tufts University”
- “Why Security Isn’t Taught in Schools (And What We Can Do About It)”
- “Most Top Computer Science Programs Skip Cybersecurity”
- “Congress puts terrorism and tech in the spotlight”